Montecarlo – The Montecarlo Plus is equipped with an ISOFIX anchoring system for the base of the seat, which combined with the child retention system, affords the seat greater stability.
Montecarlo Plus also features an adjustable back rest that can be altered to provide three different reclining positions.
XTEND IMPACT SHIELD
Despite falling within the group 2 – 3 car seat category, both Montecarlo and Montecarlo Plus are compatible with a special safety system, the XTEND, that when installed makes the seat suitable for group 1 classification too.
Technically known as an impact shield, XTEND is a protective cushion that effectively operates as a child retention system. The easy to use accessory means that children of between 9 – 18 kg (group 1) can safely travel in seats that are designed for group 2 or 3. Essentially, by adding the XTEND to either Montecarlo model, the car seat can be used for children from 9 – 36 kg in weight.
This car seat also comes with a free seat back protector to help save your car from those muddy footprints!
- 3 point seat belt is correctly positioned due to the lap and diagonal belt guides that automatically adjust to a growing child.
- The car seat's aluminium structure improves protection by 70% compared to a traditional system.
- Integral adjustment system: height adjustable by extension of backrest, width adjustable by the independently adjustable side wings and headrest wings.
- Greater side impact protection due to its larger wrap around headrest and side wings.
- The wraparound shape and new larger sized headrest, means it absorbs any possible impacts and gives greater cushioning.
- The shape of the headrest with the new titling sides provides support necessary for optimal rest and comfort for a sleeping child.
- Upholstered with breathable fabric that's removable and washable.
- Group 2-3 car seat, 15-36kg, 4 to 12 years approx.
- Compatible with XTEND impact shield so it can be used as a Group 1, 2 & 3 car seat (9-36kg, 9 months to 12 years approx).
- ECE R44/04 approved.
- The Montecarlo Plus incorporates all the features of the standard Montecarlo
- The car seat is anchored to the car via the ISOFIX system and the child is secured with the 3-point seat belt.
- The ISOFIX system anchors the seat directly to the car thereby eliminating any margin for error when installing the seat.
- ISOFIX indicators confirm the seat is installed correctly.
- ISOFIX anchoring system together with the 3-point seat belt offers superior protection by obtaining greater stability of the car seat in knocks and side movements.
- 3 recline positions which can also be adjusted with the child in the seat.
- As the 'R1/Plus' version is secured with ISOFIX then there is no need to strap the seat in when not in use. This additional safety feature stops an empty unrestrained car seat becoming a missile inside the car and cause fatal injury to other passengers in the event of an accident.
- Adjustable padded armrests for extra comfort.
- The R1/Plus version can also be installed with just a 3-point seat belt
Montecarlo R1 with xtend shield